The 2020 Saskatchewan Summer Games will be held in Lloydminster, SK from July 26 - August 1, 2020
Districts - Coaches and Managers Needed!
Team South East - Weyburn, Estevan, Whitewood and Broadview
Team Regina - City of Regina
Team Saskatoon - City of Saskatoon
Team Prairie Central - Warman, Humboldt, Kelvington, Ft Quappelle and Outlook
Team Lakeland - Prince Albert, Nipawin and Melfort
Team Parkland - Yorkton, Melville, Esterhazy
Team South West - Moose Jaw, Swift Current, Assiniboia, and Maple Creek
Team Rivers West - North Battleford, Lloydminster, Rossetown, Biggar, Kindersley, Meadow Lake
Team North - LaRonge, Cumberland House, Pelican Narrows, LaLoche, Stony Rapids
The SAA is in the process of recuiting Coaches, Managers and identifying interested athletes in each District.
Each District requires: One Coach (Level 1 Certified) and One Manager
(1 Male - 1 Female)
Team make up: 1 male and 1 female (each for compound and recurve divisions
(4 archers per district).Athlete Classifications x Year of Birth: Minimum age 13 ; maximum age 18
(born on 2002 to 2007)
Coach and Manager Duties include but are not limited to:
- to identify, train and pick the team for your district. Following the competition criteria from Sport governing body (Modified Double Canadian 900) please see Archery Canada competition description for details.
- set practice times, locations and length to ensure your selection camps and selection competitions can be completed.
- attend SSG with your team and act as the shaperones for all events and activities.
- stay in the dorm as supervisors.
- Liaison between your district, Sask Sport and Sask Archery Association.
- attend meetings and events as needed as a rep of your district with and on behalf of your team
Sask Summer Games Team Selection method
Selection Dates: TBD
Competition: Modified Double 900 (25m, 35m and 45m). Can be shot over 2 days and multiple districts can compete together to ensure everyone works together.
The combined totals from both events is the top athlete.
INTERESTED ATHLETES SHOULD CONTACT THEIR CLUB COACH or FILL IN THE FORM HERE, TO GET THEIR NAMES ON THE COMPETITION LISTS.
Get on our Radar and become a part of the Fun !
If you are interested in being a games coach, manager or athlete please fill in the form below:
Interested in becoming a Games:
What District do you live in:
If registering as a coach: NCCP # Level:
If registering as an athlete: Age: Birthdate: (d/m/y)
If registering as a Manager: Do you have your Respect in Sport ?
RIS certification #:
Questions or For More Information contact the SAA Target Coordinator or SAA Executive Director listed here.